This article was originally published on https://www.droidguides.com/remove-bloatware-from-samsung-galaxy-s22/
In this guide we will show you how to remove bloatware from Samsung Galaxy S22 without root access. Putting up with bloatware always proves to be a nuisance for the majority of the users.
Even the best of the Android devices are not free of bloatware and they come out of the box with these annoying apps and services. They are a result of the partnerships between the OEMs and other brands. The bloatware apps are present in devices for promotional purposes.
Like many other devices, the Samsung Galaxy S22 also comes with a variety of pre-installed apps and services. These pre-installed apps and services can not be uninstalled easily in the usual way that other apps can be deleted.
Counted as bloatware apps are apps like the Galaxy Store and My Galaxy as well as other duplicate applications including Messages and Calendar. Here in this guide, we will be showing you how to remove bloatware from Samsung Galaxy S22 without root.
Why should Bloatware Apps be removed?
Bloatware in general are apps and services present on your device which use up a lot of device resources, such as battery and storage space on your device which can be utilized for other purposes.
When bloatware is active in the background of your device, the device performance is also reduced. Bloatware can also be the cause of ads on your device’s lock screen or your browser.
How to remove bloatware from Samsung Galaxy S22 without root
In this section of the guide, we will be showing the steps through which you can remove bloatware from Samsung Galaxy S22 using ADB commands. Follow the steps carefully to remove unwanted bloatware from your Galaxy device.
1. Enable USB Debugging
First of all you need to enable USB debugging on your Galaxy S22. This is done so that your device can easily communicate with ADB tools when it is in ADB mode. Follow the steps to enable USB debugging:
- You will have to first enter Developer’s mode. This can be done by going to Settings > About and there you will have to tap on the build number 7 times. With this, your phone will go into Developer’s mode.
- After that, head over to Settings again, then System > Advanced > Developer Options. In there, scroll down to USB debugging and enable the option.
2. Establish ADB shell connection
- First up, download and install Android SDK Platform tools so that you can install ADB tools on your computer.
- After USB debugging has been enabled, connect your device to your computer using a USB cable and then when you are prompted, change the USB settings from Charging only to Transferring files mode. You may get a pop-up asking to authorize a USB connection from your computer if you have done this for the first time. Allow the connection.
- Then search for the platform tools folder in the Android Studio SDK manager. You can browse android_sdk/platform-tools.
- In the address bar in that folder, type in cmd to launch the Command prompt.
- You can verify if a secure connection between your device and computer has been made, by typing “adb devices” in the command prompt. If there is a secure connection, you will get the device id.
- Once done, type “adb shell” to establish the shell environment.
3. Remove bloatware from Samsung Galaxy S22 using ADB commands
- You can get a list of all of the Samsung applications that are installed on your device by keying in “pm list packages | grep ‘Samsung’“
- If you are finding it hard to figure out which app package name is for which application, then you should download the Package Name Viewer 2.0 application on your device so that you can view the app package name of the applications that you want to uninstall.
- Now, enter the command “pm uninstall –user PackageName” in the command line in order to remove an app from your device. Keep in mind that you will have to replace the “PackageName” with the actual full package name of the app that you are uninstalling.
- 2022 BET Awards: See the Stars on the Red Carpet | TheTechXP
- How To Discourage Search Engines From Indexing Your WordPress Site -2022
- Canon Service Tооlѕ for Canon Printer Reset
- Google Camera for Xiaomi Poco F4 | GCam APK
- Guidelines Archives – Flame Blogger
- How to Make Money on Upwork – Ultimate Freelancing Guide – Sreeja
- Fix – iDroidBear
- Gaming Platforms — Meta Games News
- Technology, Buying Guides, Tech Trends, Reviews | TEKSBIT
- AdminPick | Find Popular App & Software Alternatives
- AlternativeToApp.com – Best Alternatives App for Windows 10
- 10 Best Marine Batteries (Buyer’s Guide 2022)
- How To Archives – Reviewrig
- Raycon Earbuds Not Connecting to Each Other (Solved) – Headphones In-Depth Knowledge
- Jelly Comb Bluetooth Wireless Backlit Keyboard – Game Room Info
- IdeaThrift – Delivering Tech Solutions
- Smart Wise Home – Build a Smart Home with Perfection!
- Fix – TVNoob
- How To Activate YouTube & What To Do When YouTube Activate Is Not Working
- Nextotech – Discover The Next In Technology
So that was it from our side on how to remove bloatware from Samsung Galaxy S22 without root. We hope that you found this guide helpful. Let us know what you think in the comment section below.